The history of our hospital was built upon the needs of the Pickens community and volunterism. With the support of many community leaders, churches, local organizations, our employees, and the residents the original Cannon Memorial Hospital was built in downtown Pickens. As the needs of the community grew for additional services, property was sought to build a larger hospital. The community rallied around the project and Cannon Memorial Hospital moved to its current home.
The Cannon Memorial Foundation was formed in 1991 as a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit, tax-exempt organization to seek financial support for AnMed Health Cannon. A board of directors composed of local, concerned citizens from within the community governs the Foundation and directs the fundraising efforts for the hospital.
AnMed Health Cannon operates without the benefit of any tax dollars on the local, state or national level. Charitable contributions are instrumental in improving the hospital, purchasing new equipment, and recruiting new physicians. Your donation helps us achieve these goals.
Since its creation, the Cannon Memorial Hospital Foundation has provided funding for projects such as:
- The construction of a new Emergency Department in 2001
- The purchase of land for our Liberty Family Practice
- Remodeling of inpatient rooms in 2007
- Remodeling of nursing station in 2008
- Purchase of new sterilization equipment for surgery in 2009
- Purchase of a digital mammography machine and remodeling of the mammography area in 2010.
- Tuition Scholarships for AHC nurses to further their education.
- Purchase of new surgical equipment and office equipment for a new physician office, located in Clemson, SC. AnMed Health Cannon Medicus ENT joined our practices in July 2017.
In 2017, our Foundation Board pledged to fund new equipment for added services within the hospital and our community. The purchase for the new ENT is just the beginning. Remember, quality health care begins close to your home and your family.
Continued pledges from our community will allow these valuable services to continue and for the growth of additional services and physicians to become part of the AnMed Health Cannon community. Your pledge or gift makes this possible for you and your community.
You can help the Cannon Memorial Hospital Foundation to impact our community by making a pledge today. Contact the AHC Community Relations office at 864-898-1252 or email CannonFoundation@cmhsc.org if you have questions.
Pledge to our Donors
Cannon Memorial Hospital Foundation pledges careful stewardship of your funds, and a commitment and responsiveness to our community’s immediate and emerging health care needs through the quality of health care provided by AnMed Health Cannon.