The AnMed Health Cannon Auxiliary began on May 29, 1967 when a group of Pickens residents formed a support group for AnMed Health Cannon . The original Auxiliary had 61 Charter members. The purpose was simple: “to serve the hospital”. In the years since, the men and women volunteering in the Auxiliary have served Cannon Memorial Hospital and our community in untold ways through their hours of volunteering and dedication to the patients, staff, and to the hospital itself. The Auxiliary has raised money to help purchase equipment such as our digital mammography machine, televisions for patient rooms, remodeling of rooms, and our Emergency Department.
Donations to Cannon’s Auxiliary can be made in honor or memory of a loved one. Money received will be used to help continue the Auxiliary’s support of the hospital and the community. Donations are tax deductible . A note acknowledging the donation is sent to both donor and family. Please remember the Auxiliary and Cannon when you wish to make a donation.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Able to work a minimum of 80 hours a year.
- Pay annual $5 dues.
- Wear Auxiliary jacket and name badge while working.
- Complete paperwork and hospital requirements including: a two-step PPD, a medical questionnaire; a Statement of Confidentiality, annual safety training and annual flu vaccination.
- Attendance at monthly meetings or follow up with Executive Staff after meetings. (First Thursday of each month at 10AM).
- Participation in at least 3 fundraising projects annually and regular work schedule in assigned area.
- Record volunteer hours.
- Notify hospital Auxiliary representative of any personal information updates.
Are you interested in volunteering? If so, do the following:
- Complete an application either by downloading here Auxiliary Membership Application or obtaining one from the Auxiliary Coffee Shoppe at AnMed Health Cannon. Once the application has been received, you will be contacted by staff from the Community Relations Department for a phone interview. References will be checked prior to final approval of application.
- Once your application has been approved, applicants will be scheduled for a health screening and hospital orientation.
- After completion of #2, new volunteers attend a meet and greet with Executive Committee members of the Auxiliary.
- Training and scheduling for the service area in which you will volunteer is the final step.
Auxiliary Volunteers receive the following benefits from AnMed Health Cannon as a thank you for volunteering:
- A free annual mammogram for females or PSA screening for males.
- Recognition for your service at an annual luncheon with presentation of service pins and certificates.
- A meal voucher with every 4 hours of service in the hospital cafeteria.
- Free or discounted health screenings as available.
- Free flu shots.